Congratulations to our Director, James, for being awarded membership of the IET this week.
Here at Circle Automation we view our staff’s qualifications as a highly important element of what we do. Through having highly qualified staff we can ensure that our clients always receive the best skills and knowledge on their installation. It also means that every member of our team is passionate and committed to what they do, vital for both job satisfaction and top levels of workmanship. That is why all of our staff are members of the IET.
About the IET
The IET, Institution of Engineering Technology, aim to inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community, supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of society. At the heart of the IET are its core values, which ensure anyone who has been accepted as a Member abide by these principles:
|Integrity||Operate professionally and ethically to gain trust.
Be open and honest with each other.
Respect everyone and value each other’s contribution
|Excellence||Work towards the highest level of service and satisfaction.
Use agile methods and seek innovative solutions to add value.
Continually improve and adopt best practices.
|Teamwork||Encourage staff and volunteers to work together.
Recognise the value of talented individuals working in teams.
Be collaborative and partner with other organisations.
To become a member of the IET James had to satisfy the below criteria and be sponsored to become a member by someone already a part of the IET.
Appropriate qualifications for MIET
- Pass/Ordinary/Honours Bachelor degree in an appropriate subject e.g. BSc, BTech, BEng(Hons), MEng, MSc, PhD;
- UK NVQ/SVQ at level 4 or 5 in an appropriate subject
- The following qualifications can be accepted with a current CV which shows evidence of work at graduate level:
- Postgraduate diploma, professional qualification or certification
- Other Honours degrees, higher degrees, BA (Hons), etc in a subject which is particularly relevant e.g. Physics or Mathematics
- The following qualifications can be accepted with a current CV which shows evidence of work experience (between two to 12 years dependent on the qualification) and work at graduate level:
- UK Foundation degree in an appropriate subject
- UK HND in technology
- UK HNC in technology
- City & Guilds 236 (electrical installation)
- Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Platinum Card
- Any other qualification (including non-technical degree or no qualification) is assessed on an individual basis.
Appropriate experience for MIET
- Graduate Training Scheme or Postgraduate research/study for masters or PhD
- Qualified Teacher (QT) responsible for science, mathematics, IT, engineering, design or technology or FE or HE lecturer in science, mathematics, IT, engineering, technology
- Qualifying supervisor in electrical installation (as defined by ECA, NICEIC)
- Trainer – Military (non-commissioned) or Industrial
- UK government engineer or technologist, grades B, C or D
- Armed Services – commissioned officers, non-commissioned officers at Warrant Officer or equivalent
- IT analyst
- Consultant or Self-employed contractor working in graduate roles within client organisations
- Manager or self-employed contractor with responsibility for managing budgets and/or staff and/or contractors and/or contracts or Manager, senior manager, director of SMEs (over ten staff) and larger organisations
- Authorised person or inspector with legal responsibility/liability for inspection and approval of safety critical systems or equipment.
Watch this space for future qualifications our team are undertaking! Find out more about the IET.